In this Upholstered Skirt Skill Video
I will teach the techniques I use to create a tailored skirt. The skirt in this video is for a small love seat and has a finished length of 6.5”.
These techniques shown in this vide can be easily applied to any furniture piece.
Any beginner upholsterer with adequate sewing skills can easily fabricate a skirt of this type.
Run Time: 41 minutes
- Part 1 Measuring And Calculating The Cuts
- Part 2 Sewing The Pieces
- Part 3 Adding Skirtex
- Part 4 Sewing Cording And Skirt Pieces Together
- Part 5 Attaching The Skirt
Includes a Downloadable PDF
- Face Fabric
- Lining Fabric (I used Decking Fabric)
- 6/32” Welt Cord
- 5” Skirtex
- 69 Bonded Nylon Thread
- 9/16” Staples
- ½” Cardboard Tack Strip
- Chalk Marking Pen
- Jukie DNU 1541s Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- 6” Ruler
- Soft Cloth Tape Measure
- Making a skirt PDF