This was a fun DIY upcycle recycle upholstery project
When I found this drawer at Rustic Romance I just had to have it. Between the unique feature of the open front and the beautiful patina of the wood I knew it was mine. If you know me upcycling old into new recycled treasures is what makes me a true DIYer.
This old drawer was soon to become a fun cat bed. Finding a cat motif fabric from Revolutions Fabrics was a win-win. Not only was it a performance fabric but I just loved the whimsy of the cat print,
Steps To Creating A One Of A Kind Upcycled Recycled Drawer Cat Bed
- Find an awesome drawer (You can always cut an opening in the front yourself)
- Pick a perfect fabric
- Paint the inside of the drawer to give it a fresh look
- Upholster the outsides
- Cut a piece of plywood for the top that overhangs just a bit on 3 sides (the front of the drawer was higher than the sides)
- Cover the top with 1” foam and 1 ounce Dacron
- Staple my fabric to the top(cover) of the recycled drawer
- Add to cross pieces so my drawer top fits snugly.
- A little catnip encourages Stitch and Pearl to give it a try!
Not only is this a cat bed but it is a multi-purpose upcycled recycled drawer that can be used as a footstool or a bench for the grandkids.
I would love it if you’d share your upcycled recycled projects with me in our Kim’s DIY Upholstery Hangout Group on Facebook.
If you love recycling don’t forget to check out Rustic Romance in Millers Falls MA. Tell Cindy I sent you!
Leave A Comment