Hello Diy friends,
I invite you to follow along as I assemble and upholster this child size chair. The techniques and skills I use to upholster this piece are similar to what you would do for a full-sized upholstered chair.
What you’ll learn in this tutorial:
- How to assemble a frame kit
- How to pad and upholster a tight seat deck
- Padding and support for the inside arms
- Using a contrast cording to define the arm shape
- Sewing the arm fabrics with contrast cording
- Padding up the inside back
- Upholstering the inside back
- Closing up the outside arms
- Closing up the outside back using Curve Ease
This childs size chair was a fun project and I know my grand son will love it for years to come.
If you are looking for more in-depth learning I invite you to become a member of our online classes and let’s get you upholstering!
I hope you enjoy learning as much as I enjoy teaching.