SOLD OUT Join me for a 3 Day Small Chair Upholstery Workshop Lancaster PA May 22-24,2017
During my 3 day small chair workshops students will get the opportunity to work on their own chair. This will be a fast passed fun filled 3 days. You will leave the workshop with a whole new respect for the upholstery process and project that will make you proud of your accomplishments. This Pennsylvania event has a little extra spin as all attendees will be able to stay in our hostess Air BnB for a nominal fee. The barn is right there on the property too. A Slumber Party and Upholstery Workshop all in one!!! I’m feeling like this event will be remembered for a long time to come. REGISTER NOW to guarantee your spot.
Workshop Details – Small Chair Project
- 6 students per workshop
- Workshop duration is 3 days (by the end of 3 days your project will be mostly completed, but this depends on you)
- Cost is $600 (50% non refundable payment due upon registration to hold your spot) plus meals and my driving expenses divide by the number of attendees.)
- Your specific chair will need to be pre-approved by Kim (see below)
- Tear down of chair needs to be done prior to start of workshop
- Students will come prepared with their own fabric for the project
- Sessions will run 8:00am to 4/5:00pm – with a 1 hour break for lunch
- You will need to come with all necessary tools and supplies for your project (see below)
- You should upholster a project that is not for a client, but for yourself, since this is your learning piece
- Cushions are not part of this workshop
Prior to workshop students will need to submit a picture of the desired project they would like to work on by email to Kimberley@kimsupholstery.com. I will advise on supplies for your chosen project piece once it has been approved for the workshop. Fabric yardage can be determined by watching the “Measuring for Fabric Yardage” video which is available in the Free Membership. I want students to choose a piece appropriate for the workshop so they can have a chance to complete the project during the 3 day session. This will also make it fair to other students as well. By attending this workshop you agree to allow Kim’s upholstery to take photos or video of you for marketing and promotional purposes.
Final Payment is due on the first day of the workshop.
- Wire cutter
- Wooden Mallet
- Staple puller(Osborne 120 ½ )
- Tape Measure (soft cloth)
- Goose-neck Webbing Stretcher
- Pneumatic Stapler
- Portable Air-compressor
- Magnetic Tack Hammers
- 6″ Curved needle
- Workhorses (directions available in the Free Membership)
- Tin Snips
BASIC UPHOLSTERY SUPPLIES – (may vary depending on your project piece)
- Bonded Upholstery Dacron 54″ W by 1 oz.
- 1 roll upholstery cotton (natural or synthetic is fine)
- Foam(depending on piece)
- Jute Webbing –Red stripe
- Ruby Jute spring tying twine
- Edge roll ( 1 ¼” for deck) Other sizes depending on piece
- Button Twine
- Deck Fabric
- 5/32 welt cord
- Muslin or scrap fabrics
- Upholstery Thread to match fabric
- Fabric – NO Large repeats that require pattern match, Please don’t plan on using extremely expensive fabric for your first project.
- Staples – 9/16” and 3/8”
- Curve Ease (Medium)
- Metal Tack Strip
REGISTER NOW to guarantee your spot!
Limit 6 Students
For lodging information email Mary Jo at – firstname.lastname@example.org