Woohoo Florida in February! SOLD OUT!
Do you have the Furniture Flipping bug?
Our finished projects below
Well if you do this is the workshop for you! In this 4 day Workshop you will learn Paint Finishing Techniques AND how to Upholster Your Chair.
- Day 1 – Paint your chair frame
- Days 2-4 – Upholster your chair
Day 1 will be taught by Melodie Burrus of “The Gathering Place“. Here is a link to a short video of some of the different finishes Melodie offers. You can email her for more information and to discus available colors and finishes email@example.com.
To register for this FUN 4 Day Upholstery and Paint workshop to be held February 1-4, 2017 in Sarasota FL Click HERE.
(We are only accepting 6 students and these classes do fill up quickly!)
Workshop Details – Small Chair Project
- 6 students per workshop
- Workshop duration is 4 days (by the end of 4 days your project will be mostly completed, but this depends on you)
- Cost is $695 ($350 non refundable payment due upon registration to hold your spot) plus food and Kim’s air fair divided by attendees.
- Your specific chair will need to be pre-approved by Kim (see below)
- Tear down of chair needs to be done prior to start of workshop
- Students will come prepared with their own fabric for the project
- Sessions will run 8:00am to 5:00pm – with a 1 hour break for lunch
- You will need to come with all necessary tools and supplies for your project (see below)
- You should upholster a project that is not for a client, but for yourself, since this is your learning piece
- Cushions are not part of this workshop
Prior to workshop students will need to submit a picture of the desired project they would like to work on by email to Kimberley@kimsupholstery.com. I will advise on supplies and fabric yardages needed to complete your chosen project piece once it has been approved for the workshop. I want students to choose a piece appropriate for the workshop so they can have a chance to complete the project during the 4 day session. This will also make it fair to other students as well. By attending this workshop you agree to allow Kim’s upholstery to take photos or video of you for marketing and promotional purposes.
Final Payment is due on the first day of the workshop.
- Wire cutter
- Wooden Mallet
- Staple puller(Osborne 120 ½ )
- Tape Measure (soft cloth)
- Goose-neck Webbing Stretcher
- Pneumatic Stapler
- Portable Air-compressor
- Tack Hammers
BASIC UPHOLSTERY SUPPLIES – (may vary depending on your project piece)
- Foam(depending on piece)
- Jute Webbing –Red stripe
- Ruby Jute spring tying twine (if piece has coil springs)
- Edge roll ( 1 ¼” for deck) Other sizes depending on piece
- Button Twine
- Deck Fabric
- 5/32 welt cord
- Muslin or scrap fabrics
- Upholstery Thread to match fabric
- Fabric – NO Large repeats, Please don’t plan on using extremely expensive fabric for your first project.
- Staples – 9/16” and 3/8”
To register for this FUN 4 Day Upholstery and Paint workshop to be held February 1-4, 2017 in Sarasota FL Click HERE. (We are only accepting 6 students and these classes do fill up quickly!)
Melodie was known throughout Central Illinois as the owner of The Gathering Place, a retail specialty food, gourmet and gift store, where she taught weekly, sold-out cooking classes to foodies and hungry enthusiasts. She regularly catered special events and often served as the guest speaker with her whisk and knives in tow. She appeared weekly on the Central Illinois NBC affiliate for over 5 years. After selling her company, she and her husband began the journey of retiring and happily landed in Sarasota, FL. During the last 6 years, her love of painting has grabbed hold and Melodie has been bringing life back to furniture finds with wonderful techniques that she now teaches to furniture flippers and upholsterers, alike. Along with a recent return to the culinary classroom, she’s thrilled that she now gets to wear two hats, making gorgeous food and making gorgeous furniture.
We look forward to meeting you in Sarasota!
Kim & Melodie