3 Day Small Chair Upholstery Workshop
Join me for a fun filled 3 day workshop. We work hard, laugh and learn together in this 3 day workshop. These events are fast passed and a whole lot of fun. By the end of day 3 you will be beaming with pride and your head will be filled with all the new knowledge you have gained. You will be leaving with the confidence to tackle your next upholstery projects and will also be able to join our private members only group where we share our experiences and answer questions.
Workshop Details – Small Chair Upholstery Training
- 6 students per workshop
- Workshop duration is 3 days (by the end of 3 days your project will be mostly completed, but this depends on you)
- Cost is $600 (50% non refundable payment due upon registration to hold your spot)
- Supplies necessary to complete your chair will be available for an additional fee (approx. $70/student)
- The workshop will also include the use of tools during the 3 day event.
- Your specific chair will need to be pre-approved by Kim (see below)
- Tear down of chair needs to be done prior to start of workshop
- Students will come prepared with their own fabric for the project
- Sessions will run 8:00am to 4/5:00pm – with a 1 hour break for lunch
- Tools will be available for use during the workshop
- You should upholster a project that is not for a client, but for yourself, since this is your learning piece
- Cushions are not part of this workshop
Prior to the workshop students will need to submit a picture of the desired project they would like to work on by email to Kimberley@kimsupholstery.com. You will need to buy the fabric for your project prior to the beginning of the workshop. Fabric yardage can be determined by watching the “Measuring for Fabric Yardage” video. I want students to choose a piece appropriate for the workshop so they can have a chance to complete the project during the 3 day session. This will also make it fair to other students as well. The purpose of this workshop is to teach you the skills used in the process of upholstery and not to leave you with a feeling of frustration or overwhelmed. By picking a chair that is appropriate for a beginner you should be able to complete the piece or close to the competition in the three days. By attending this workshop you agree to allow Kim’s upholstery to take photos or videos of you for marketing and promotional purposes.
Final Payment is due on the first day of the workshop.
A few pictures of appropriate chair styles
Brandt House B&B
Poetry Ride B&B
See you in March! Don’t wait to long as we only have room for 6 lucky attendees.
Leave A Comment