3 Day “Hands On” Upholstery Workshop
— SOLD OUT —
You can learn to upholster your own small chair in 3 days at Kim’s Upholstery in Greenfield MA
October 7,8,9, 2016
That’s Right – Sign up now and bring your chair to our 22 Riddell St location for a 3 day workshop and upholster your chair.
Workshop Limited to 6 participants so sign up now to secure your spot.
See details below
Click HERE to sign up now!
Workshop Details – Small Chair Project
- 6 students per workshop
- Workshop duration is 3 days (Your projects will be mostly completed depending on you.)
- Cost is $600 (50% non refundable payment due upon registration to hold your spot)
- Your specific chair will require pre-approval by Kim (see below)
- Tear down of chair needs to be done prior to start of workshop
- Students will come prepared with their own fabric for the project
- Sessions will run 8:00am to 5:00pm – with a 1 hour break for lunch
- Supplies will be available for purchase or you may bring your own
- Tools will be available for use
- You should upholster a project that is not for a client, but for yourself, since this is your learning piece
- No large repeat fabric. Use inexpensive fabrics that you can be comfortable learning with
- Cushions are not part of this workshop
Prior to workshop students will need to submit a picture of the desired project they would like to work on by email to Kimberley@kimsupholstery.com. I will advise on supplies and fabric yardages needed to complete your chosen project piece once it has been approved for the workshop. I want students to choose a piece appropriate for the workshop so they can have a chance to complete the project during the 3 day session. This will also make it fair to other students as well.
Final Payment is due on the first day of the workshop. Once you have registered for the event we will give you a list of lodging options in the area if needed. There are also restaurants in the area for lunches and other meals.
BASIC TOOLS – Available for use without charge
- Wire cutter
- Wooden Mallet
- Staple puller(Osborne 120 ½ )
- Tape Measure (soft cloth)
- Gooseneck Webbing Stretcher
- Sewing Machines
- Pneumatic Stapler
- Cutting Tables
- Tack Hammers
BASIC UPHOLSTERY SUPPLIES – Available for purchase (Each project will require some or all of these)
- Foam(depending on piece)
- Jute Webbing –Red stripe
- Ruby Jute spring tying twine (if piece has coil springs)
- Edge roll ( 1 ¼” for deck) Other sizes depending on piece
- Button Twine
- Deck Fabric
- 5/32 welt cord
- Muslin or scrap fabrics
- Upholstery Thread to match fabric
- Fabric – NO Large repeats, Please don’t plan on using extremely expensive fabric for your first project.
- Staples – 9/16” and 3/8”
Click HERE to sign up now!
Questions? Email me at Kimberley@kimsupholstery.com or call 413-772-0013
Attended Kim’s workshop in early spring. It was amazing. I learned so much in those three days. I am actively repurposing furniture with a great new look. Will be scheduling a brush up workshop soon
So glad to hear your still upholstering projects. Feel free to share pictures on our FB page any time.