2 Day “Hands On” Slipcover Workshop
You can learn to create YOUR OWN custom slipcover in 2 days at Kim’s Upholstery in Greenfield MA
November 5th & 6th, 2016 ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT
That’s Right – Sign up now and bring your small chair to our 22 Riddell St location for a 2 day workshop and slipcover your chair.
Workshop Limited to 6 participants so sign up now to secure your spot.
See details below
Workshop Details – Chair Slipcover
- 6 students per workshop
- Workshop duration is 2 days (Your projects should be completed depending on you.)
- Cost is $400 (50% non refundable payment due upon registration to hold your spot)
- Project approval by Kim is required
- Students will come prepared with their own fabric (if you plan to wash your slipcover in the future, you will need to prewash your fabric)
- Sessions will run 8:00am to 5:00pm with an hour for lunch
- Supplies will be available for purchase or you may bring your own
- Tools will be available for use
- No large repeat fabric, inexpensive fabrics that you can be comfortable learning with
- Cushions will be completed if time allows
Prior to workshop students will need to submit a picture of the desired project they would like to work on by email to Kimberley@kimsupholstery.com. I will advise on fabric yardages needed to complete your chosen project piece once it has been approved for the workshop. I want students to choose a piece appropriate for the workshop so they can have a chance to complete the project during the 2 day session. This will also make it fair to other students as well.
Final Payment is due on the first day of the workshop. Once you have registered for the event we will give you a list of lodging options in the area if needed. There are also restaurants in the area for lunches and other meals.
BASIC TOOLS Available for use
- Tape Measure (soft cloth)
- Sewing Machines
- Cutting Tables
- Welt Cord
- Zippers (White/Beige/Black)
Contact – Email Kimberley@kimsupholstery.com, or call 413-772-0013