Now the chair was ready to be made new again!
After tearing out all the old materials, I stripped and sanded the frame down and painted it with a Gray Rusteum Chalk paint. Then I went over the gray with white milk paint using a dry brush technique. Not wanting to really cover the gray but just highlight the details of the frame and I give it a light whitewash effect. Don’t you love the way it turned out? I will definitely do this treatment to there furniture in my home.
Trust your eye. . .
I chose a beautiful fern and floral print for the inside back and arms. As you can see the inside arms and back are sewn and attached to the chair in one piece. The seat and outsides of the chair were done in a solid green velvet which picks up the green in the ferns. I love mixing colors and fabrics together. Usually, one piece of fabric will speak to me and then I use it as my inspiration to pick out the other fabrics. In this case, the print fabric was my inspiration. When I first chose the print my eye said to go with blues as a companion. Dark blues seemed to take away from the cheerfulness of the print and teals just didn’t look quite right. Then I found the green!!! Yep, that one was the keeper! Trust your eye.
I love how the fabrics and paint finish look on this piece!
Be sure to take a look at all the other videos available in our membership. With over 70 tutorials you’ll want to make a bowl of popcorn to enjoy while you are binge-watching.